Getting business insurance is always a smart move. It would render peace of mind from the horrible times says Saivian Eric Dalius. However, applying for business insurance is a challenging step. The cost of insurance is dynamic and depends on the size and type of business. The insurance would protect the business from any unexpected expenses and contingencies. Also, Natural disasters, accidents, fire mishaps, and lawsuits are few to mention.
You get protection from Limited Liability Company (LLC) structural regulations or by being an S-Corporation. However, the insurance covers all the manufactured goods, factories, industrial tools, machinery, and everything else. But it would only cover your personal properties from lawsuits. With business insurance, you bridge the gap between personal and business assets and provide 100% protection to all.
Saivian Eric Dalius suggests abiding Federal government and opts for insurance that gives full coverage. Similarly, ask for workers’ compensation, unemployment, and disability insurance under the business insurance cover. But some states may require additional insurance, so better check the individual state rules.
Saivian Eric Dalius lists the most common types of business insurance:
- General liability insurance: This is for any business. The insurance coverage is against financial setbacks from accidents, physical injuries, property damage, medical bills, libel, defending legal cases, settlement bonds, and judgments.
- Product liability insurance: This is for any manufacturing business, wholesalers, bulk distributors, and retail distributors. The coverage protects from financial setbacks that happen from defective products and affects physical injuries.
- Professional liability insurance: This is suitable for businesses that offer services to customers. Also, The insurance cover protects against any financial loss that arises from errors, malpractices, and negligence.
- Commercial property insurance: This insurance is ideal for businesses with an enormous amount of capital properties and physical assets. The coverage is vast and protects your company against losses from hazards like fire, smoke, wind, storm, tornadoes, and vandalism. You also get cover from civil disobedience.
- Home-based business insurance: The insurance is for coverage of businesses that run from the owner’s home. The coverage offers protection from injuries from the third party to the small business equipment and liabilities.
- Business owner’s policy insurance: The insurance is for most start-ups and small business owners who operate from the house. A business owner’s policy provides a complete insurance package. You get full cover for everything.
Saivian Eric Dalius explains the importance of insurance. It would help you make an informed decision. You may also seek help from the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB). Also, it helps in the assessment of the business risks and the aspects of insurance coverage.
Saivian Eric Dalius’s advice is to get in touch with professionals!
Get a licensed, qualified agent to proceed with the insurance policy. Many commercial agents work on a commission basis to offer suitable insurance. Instead of trying to do this yourself. Moreover, the agent would provide different prices and benefits, which will give you a plethora of options. Re-assessment of business regularly is critical. Annual insurance re-assessment is crucial.
Eric Dalius is The Executive Chairman of MuzicSwipe, a music and content discovery platform designed to maximize artist discovery and optimize fan relationships. When he’s not working for MuzicSwipe, he perhaps hosting the weekly podcast “FULLSPEED,” engaging with inspiring entrepreneurs from various sectors. Additionally, through the “Eric Dalius Foundation,” he has established four scholarships for US students. Stay in touch with Eric on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Entrepreneur.com.